The Schmidt Family G4 Fund is an educational effort designed to involve fourth generation shareholders of U.S. Venture in the life of the business, the community, the foundation and the owning family. Members of this generation who are at least 16 years old are invited to participate in making grants to nonprofits within the geographic footprint of U.S. Venture. G4 grants are up to $15,000.
Volunteer Advocacy $5,000 grant
CASA of the Fox Cities uses community volunteers to advocate for abused and neglected children in our courts system to secure placement in safe and permanent homes.
Positive Youth Development $10,000 grant
Youth Go is dedicated to making a lasting and positive impact in the lives of youth (grades 5-12) by providing positive adult role models, a safe environment, exciting new opportunities, and educational resources.
Healing Labryinth at Libertas $7,500 grant
Libertas Treatment Center provides both inpatient and outpatient addiction recovery services. The outdoor healing labyrinth project is a mindfulness opportunity to positively impact patients recovery.
Teen Leadership Training $1,500
The goal of the Brown County Teen Leadership program is to develop leadership skills among teens that prepares them for a career in the Greater Green Bay workforce.
The Schmidt Family G4 Fund focuses on Positive Youth Development funding services and opportunities that support all young people in developing a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and empowerment. Nonprofit organizations offering a program to help youth acquire the knowledge and skills they need to become healthy and productive adults are encouraged to apply.
PROGRAM GRANTS WILL TYPICALLY FUND:
- At-risk youth, especially with a physical or mental illness, experienced abuse or significant financial need
- Capital campaigns
- Existing programs
- Recurring events
- Specific programs or projects for which a moderate amount of grant money can make a significant impact on an area of need and sustainability
TYPICALLY OUTSIDE G4 FUNDING:
- Organizations that have received funding from the G4 Committee in the most recent 18 months
- Multi-year requests-Religious organizations attempting to build membership or requiring specific religious affiliation for services rendered
- Requests to defray travel or lodging expenses, including travel to conferences, training or competitions
- Reimbursement for previously incurred expenses
- Endowment-building campaigns
September 4, 2018
Contact us with any questions at 920.243.5806 or submit requested materials to [email protected] by the deadline. The G4 Committee will screen requests prior to each board meeting to ensure a fit to its priorities, and will follow-up with any questions or concerns. The Committee may require an interview. You will be notified if a final grant report is required.