Program Grants will be awarded from the U.S. Venture/Schmidt Family Foundation (USV/SFF) to help the disadvantaged, improve the quality of people’s lives, and strengthen our communities.
Rapid Rehousing Program $15,000 grant
The Rapid Re-Housing Program is designed for families experiencing episodic (first time) homelessness in the Fox Cities. It’s a short-tern program, designed to rapidly transition families back to self-sufficiency. Participants are families, typically coming from local shelters and/or a situation of domestic violence.
Pathways To Success $15,000 grant
The Pathways to Success program prepares participants for living wage employment and strengthening family relationships in St. Louis, MO. The program provides experiential, in-depth job-readiness training, which includes cognitive skill-building, soft skills training and other job-related topics.
Key to Hope capacity campaign $150,000 3-year grant
House of Hope is a shelter for homeless, pregnant and parenting young adults between the ages of 18 and 24, and their children. House of Hope continues to experience a growing number of families requesting the supportive help and care that have become its trademark. Due to this growing need, House of Hope will be expanding its program and facility to work with a greater number of families each year.
Robert Glass Focus on Children $25,000
Tri-County Dental is a volunteer-based dental clinic providing quality oral health care in a caring and compassionate manner. The Robert Glass Focus on Children program offers free dental care to all Pre-K through 6th grade students who are eligible for free and reduced lunch in Winnebago, Outagamie and Calumet counties.
The Foundation will consider a broad range of requests including specific program needs, capital or general operating support. A charitable organization will typically receive no more than one program grant per calendar year.
Organizations eligible to receive grants from the USV/SFF are those determined by the IRS to be public charities, preferably those with 501(c)(3) status. The USV/SFF gives strong consideration to requests within our giving guidelines that show documented support (email, letters of support, board membership, donor or volunteer activity) from a U.S. Venture team member or shareholder.
Consideration is given to needs that fulfill the Foundation’s mission within the following impact areas:
Jobs & Economy
Family Support & Social Connectedness
Psychological Health & Addiction
PROGRAM GRANTS WILL TYPICALLY FUND:
- Requests that demonstrate long-term results for a substantial number of people
- Organizations with clarity of mission and a strong focus on effective outcomes
- Organizations in good health, including financial stability, high caliber of staff and board
- Requests with support from a broad base of funding sources; U.S. Venture prefers not to be the sole funder of any one project or program
TYPICALLY OUTSIDE PROGRAM GRANT FUNDING:
- Grants to individuals or specific families, to underwrite conference expenses, or to fund medical procedures or research
- Events that occur before funding is awarded or previously incurred expenses
- Political organizations or causes
- Requests for support from schools or government agencies
- Annual meetings
- Religious organizations attempting to build membership or requiring specific religious affiliation for services rendered.
- Capital campaigns for schools, religious institutions, sports facilities and endowments
- Organizations outside the geographic footprint of U.S. Venture facilities and its team members
Application must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the dates listed below.
February 1, 2019
May 1, 2019
August 1, 2019
November 1, 2019
Contact us with any questions or to discuss the feasibility of your request before submitting at 920.243.5806 or Foundation@USVenture.com. Please allow 7 weeks after the deadline for the grant decision.
Any substantive change in use of funding after grant support has been received must first be approved by the Foundation. Please submit a request IN WRITING to Foundation@USVenture.com.
A 12 month final grant report is required prior to any future requests.