Program Grants will be awarded from the U.S. Venture/Schmidt Family Foundation (USV/SFF) to help the disadvantaged, improve the quality of people’s lives, and strengthen our communities.
The Foundation will consider a broad range of requests including specific program needs, capital or general operating support. A charitable organization will typically receive no more than one program grant per calendar year.
Organizations eligible to receive grants from the USV/SFF are those determined by the IRS to be public charities, preferably those with 501(c)(3) status. The USV/SFF gives strong consideration to requests within our giving guidelines that show documented support (email, letters of support, board membership, donor or volunteer activity) from a U.S. Venture team member or shareholder.
Consideration is given to needs that fulfill the Foundation’s mission within the following impact areas:
Jobs & Economy
Family Support & Social Connectedness
Psychological Health & Addiction
PROGRAM GRANTS WILL TYPICALLY FUND:
- Requests that demonstrate long-term results for a substantial number of people
- Organizations with clarity of mission and a strong focus on effective outcomes
- Organizations in good health, including financial stability, high caliber of staff and board
- Requests with support from a broad base of funding sources; U.S. Venture prefers not to be the sole funder of any one project or program
TYPICALLY OUTSIDE PROGRAM GRANT FUNDING:
- Grants to individuals or specific families, to underwrite conference expenses, or to fund medical procedures or research
- Events that occur before funding is awarded or previously incurred expenses
- Political organizations or causes
- Requests for support from schools or government agencies
- Annual meetings
- Religious organizations attempting to build membership or requiring specific religious affiliation for services rendered.
- Capital campaigns for schools, religious institutions, sports facilities and endowments
- Organizations outside the geographic footprint of U.S. Venture facilities and its team members
Application must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the dates listed below.
- January 26, 2024
- April 25, 2024
- July 26, 2024
- October 25, 2024
Contact us with any questions or to discuss the feasibility of your request before submitting at [email protected]. Please allow 8-10 weeks after the deadline for the grant decision.
Any substantive change in use of funding after grant support has been received must first be approved by the Foundation. Please submit a request IN WRITING to [email protected].
A 12 month final grant report is required prior to any future requests.