The Community Engagement Committee (CEC) is a sub-committee of the U.S. Venture/Schmidt Family Foundation (USV/SFF) comprised of team members who award sponsorships. The CEC supports charitable events, educational opportunities or fundraisers that multiply the impact of U.S. Venture’s support within the community.
Women's Fund of the Fox Valley Region luncheon $10,000 sponsorship
The Women's Fund Luncheon is the premier women's event in the Fox Valley. It is the largest source of income for the Women's Fund and provides the financial resources to improve the lives of local women and girls.
Cheboygan Elementary Schools BackPack Program $2,500 grant
The BackPack Program is a project of the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan which works to reduce child hunger, educate and promote healthy lifestyles. The program provides children that are at risk of hunger with a backpack of nutritious food every weekend throughout the school year.
Call To Action Breakfast $2,500 sponsorship
Fox Valley men helping end sexual assault and domestic violence by dismantling Man Box culture and building a culture of Healthy Manhood.
Northeast WI Walk to Defeat ALS $5,000 sponsorship
"The Northeastern Walk to Defeat ALS is a fundraising Walk to raise money and awareness to support programs and services that serve ALS patients and their families.
Sponsorships typically will not exceed $10,000 and charitable organizations will receive one sponsorship grant per calendar year.
Organizations eligible to receive grants from the Community Engagement Committee are those determined by the IRS to be public charities, preferably those with 501(c)(3) status. The CEC gives strong consideration to requests within our giving guidelines that show documented support from a U.S. Venture team member or shareholder. U.S. Venture prefers not to be the sole funder. A list of pending and committed sponsors is required.
- Fundraising events
- Community events
- Sports-related requests such as team shirts, support for a specific club or camp, trips or equipment where there is a U.S. Venture team member or shareholder supporting the request
The following are typically outside CEC funding:
- Grants to individuals or specific families, to underwrite conference expenses, or to fund medical procedures or research
- Events that occur before funding is awarded or previously incurred expenses
- Political organizations or causes
- Requests for support from schools or government agencies
- Annual meetings
- Religious organizations attempting to build membership or requiring specific religious affiliation for services rendered
- Capital campaigns for schools, religious institutions, sports facilities, and endowments
Application must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on the dates listed below.
- June 1, 2018
- October 1, 2018
If approved, it will be expected that you follow up with U.S. Venture to obtain an appropriate logo at Foundation@USVenture.com or 920.243.5772.
No formal final report will be required; however, the Community Engagement Committee would appreciate an update on the success of the event, as well as, copies of any promotional materials.